"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover"

- Mark Twain

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Motorcycle Ride, Moab

While in Moab this past weekend, Bill and I were able to sneak off for a few hours to do some riding.  This was my first time back on the dirt bike since my racing accident.
It felt good to get on the bike and go. 
We first did some riding in the sand washes along the highway.  The sand made for difficult riding in a few spots and was not good for my still stiff leg.  I had to keep putting it down because the sand was so soft.  Then Bill took us west to Tusher Tunnel where it was much better trail riding.  The next day, Bill and I took the kids up to the Slick Rock trail where Bill and the kids rode around for a while.  I decided to sit out the ride on the Slick Rock trail.  I had taken a spill (what's new right?) trying to go up a difficult obstacle and sprained my wrist on our ride from Tusher Tunnel.

Taking a break from the heat in the shade of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment